YOUR DONATION AT WORK
What’s needed now: It’s year seven. Thanks to multi-year grants from the USDA, and matching funds from the Blue and MacCready Family Foundations, we have expanded to three neighborhoods and are finalizing a model for Youth-Driven Local Food Sites. With your donation, each site can grow to include the following:
- Cooking, nutrition, and gardening classes
- Residential and community gardens
- Neighborhood compost programs
- Programs fostering entrepreneurial activities that allow high school students to earn money as they distribute local produce into their communities.
Among the three sites, we now employ seven youth from our programs to do what we envisioned from day one – and all of these programs are run by our empowered youth!
Your donations are tax deductible and every donation helps
- $25 let’s us purchase a new chef’s knife so our kids can work like pros.
- $75 provides healthy food for 50 people at our Youth Leader cooking demos and healthy food tasting community events.
- $9,360.00 – what it costs to create a new position for a part time youth staff member
Time Donations / Volunteering: We try to find meaningful ways in which you can help us, given your interests and skills. Come for a visit, eat some good food, get to know our youth leaders and we’ll see what interests you! Contact us at email@example.com.
To Donate By Mail
Root Down LA is a project of Community Partners, Inc. of Los Angeles, California.
A check for your tax-deductible contribution can be sent to:
Community Partners FBO Root Down
1000 N. Alameda Street, Suite 240, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
For more information on contributions please visit: www.communitypartners.org.